Login Form

Q1 Wheels - need replacement

More
13 years 5 months ago #960 by yeagerra
Hello - I am rebuilding a Q1 Quickie and one of the first steps is to get the wheels to turn (so I can easily move it around). The wheels are corroded - may be salvageable - but would prefer to replace them. Does anyone have any suggestions? The tire is the 2.80-4, of course. I can find the 3.00-4 wheels from Azusa, but am looking for the exact replacement.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #970 by yeagerra
I am planning on reusing the current wheels. I would still like to find the original aluminum wheels, but I fear they have not been manufactured in decades. Therefore, I may need to convert the fairings for the Azusa wheels. The well needs to be 0.25 mm wider OR I may be able to trim the wheels.

If anyone has properly addressed this issue, please share with me.

More
13 years 4 months ago #972 by Leon
I just got back from the shop, and finally remembered to take a look at my original wheels for the Quickie. They were manufactured by Go Power of Palo Alto California. Couldn't find a web listing for them. Wheels are 2 7/8" (75mm) wide with a 2 5/16" (60mm) wide tire mounting surface. They were designed for a tube with a center line exit.

The large wheel QAC kits shipped with the nylon Azusa 5 inch wheels. That is what I am going to be using, and will require a new set of wheel pants.

The original tire is 8 1/4" diameter - no air - but they don't expand much.

More
13 years 4 months ago #973 by yeagerra
Leon - thanks for the response. I have also thought of using the larger wheels and doing the modification. Are you interested in selling your Go Power wheels? The large wheel modification is the longer term solution, though. I need to find the drawings for that - is it included in the drawings that the moderators sells?

More
13 years 4 months ago #974 by yeagerra
I found the "Large Wheel Pant Construction" begins on P. 146.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1227 by expresso
Hi,

could anyone please indicate an exact reference for a pair of wheels for Q1 please?
www.mfgsupply.com/gomini/gominiwheels/go...gominiwheels5ny.html
www.wicksaircraft.com/links/Wicks_Links/WheelsBrakes.pdf
www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/lgpages/azusalite.php
I'm not finding the reference of azusa 4 of 3" with 3/4 axe
ps : I bought aircraft without wheels...

thanks
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by expresso.

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds