Login Form

Q-1 for sale on Barnstormers

• bnther
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #715 by bnther
Q-1 for sale on Barnstormers was created by bnther
I thought that I'd pass this along. There's a real nice looking Q-1 for sale in Toledo OH. The add says it's been in storage for a while. Has Onan engine but no instruments.

I have no relation to this seller nor have I seen the plane, so I can't vouch for anything. I just know that I get the urge, when I see a Q-1 in this kind of condition.

:woohoo: :woohoo:
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by bnther.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #724 by haiqu
At $8900 disassembled with no instruments and a used Onan, I'd say it's a bit steep. You can throw the engine away to start with.

I sold mine in 2005 for about half that price, with some minor repairs needed. And it had a full set of instruments.

Rob

• bnther
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 7 months ago #733 by bnther
Replied by bnther on topic Re:Q-1 for sale on Barnstormers
I kind of wondered about that. It's just so hard to figure on something like the Quickie since parts aren't being produced anymore.

If you've got any pictures of your Quickie please post them. I'd love to see them. Also, I'd love to know your opinion on how bad it was to fly/land. I hear so many different opinions about the plane, it can make a person a little leary of it.

Thanks for the reply.

More
14 years 7 months ago #737 by admin
Here's a link to the barnstormers ad just for anyone who might be lurking.

www.barnstormers.com/listing.php?mode=usersearch&user=30574

Cheers,
Dan Yager
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #741 by haiqu
bnther wrote:

I kind of wondered about that. It's just so hard to figure on something like the Quickie since parts aren't being produced anymore.

You can get everything for the Q1 now, so building one from raw materials is an option.

If you've got any pictures of your Quickie please post them. I'd love to see them. Also, I'd love to know your opinion on how bad it was to fly/land. I hear so many different opinions about the plane, it can make a person a little leary of it.

Thanks for the reply.

Attached. I didn't fly the plane, it was in New Zealand and shipping it to Australia would have cost me as much as the plane cost me in the first place. The photo is from the current owner, Mark Fitzgerald, and shows the airframe after the tail repair and trailer option were completed. I supplied him with enough materials to do this in the price. He also got two canopies, one new and one slightly scratched.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by haiqu.

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 7 months ago #756 by haiqu
Replied by haiqu on topic VariEze anyone?
Very nice VariEze project on eBay today. Currently going for $760.00 which is a steal.

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0449300965&viewitem=

Seems to be an historically significant aircraft, too. It was the one NASA tested in their wind tunnel.
Last edit: 14 years 7 months ago by haiqu.

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds