Login Form

Q1 prop size?

• bnther
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 6 months ago #770 by bnther
Replied by bnther on topic Re:Q1 prop size?
40 inches?

That sounds like a pretty small prop. That's only 8 inches of prop off of each side. That doesn't seem like a lot of grab to me. I would have to assume that Mr. Prince knows what he's talking about though. :)

So what kind of RPM is that? 2 or 3 blades. You'd certainly have plenty of ground clearance.

I looked at the website for Prince Aircraft Company, but I didn't see where he had the Q-1 for sale. There was a picture of it at the very end of the gallery, but nothing to mention the price.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #772 by haiqu
Replied by haiqu on topic Re:Q1 prop size?
Yeah, I pointed out to him already that I thought this was too small, especially when his selection panel has a suggested 42 x 32 prop for a Quickie with 25hp engine.

The engine I asked him to quote on was 28hp at 4000rpm, the Fuji Robin EH72 FI. It's a two-blade design.

You can find his online ad for the Quickie by clicking "Price & Order" then selecting "Overstocked & Used Propellers" and scrolling to the bottom. He changed the price yesterday from $5000.00 to $7900.00
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by haiqu.

More
14 years 6 months ago #774 by haiqu
Replied by haiqu on topic Re:Q1 prop size?
Lonnie also advertised his Quickie in the Q-List for $5900.00 on July 14th.

groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/messages/34133?l=1

That's four different prices I've seen now, ranging from $5000 to $8900 - seems he doesn't know WHAT he wants for it.

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds