Login Form

Metal Parts

More
15 years 2 months ago #656 by dlafon
Metal Parts was created by dlafon
Has anyone found drawings or dimensions for the metal parts of the Q1 such as the rudder pedals and the aileron/elevator linkage and control stick? These would be very nice to have in order to build a Q1 from scratch as I am considering doing.

Dan LaFon
League City, TX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #657 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Metal Parts
Hi Dan,
I have a pretty good description of the drawings that are available in the Q1 template sheets here:

www.quickheads.com/Five-Template-Sheets.html

You can see that the drawings include the tailwheel and control stick. Those drawings are from the plans pages listed here:

www.quickheads.com/Templates-All-Over-the-Place.html

If it would be more helpful, I could link to the actual page numbers in the online Q1 plans as well:

www.quickheads.com/Quickie-Plans/Q1-Plans/

Please let me know. I'm pretty sure that the plans have a drawing of the rudder pedals as well. I'll try to track that down for you. Please let me know if this is at all helpful.

I appreciate your time and hope you're doing well.

Warm regards,
Dan Yager

www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by admin.

More
15 years 2 months ago #658 by dlafon
Replied by dlafon on topic Re:Metal Parts
Hi Dan,

Now that you mention it I do remember seeing the drawing of the control stick but it does not have any dimensions. That actually would not be real hard to figure out but I have not seen the aileron linkage where it connects to the end of the control stick tube. Maybe I have overlooked that somewhere.

By the way, you have an awesome reference in the copies of the plan pages on your website. Thank you very much for putting the effort into doing that. I think it will help to preserve this unique and highly efficient aircraft. Hopefully several people will be successful in building them from scratch without a kit.

Thanks,
Dan LaFon,
League City, TX

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #659 by admin
Hey Dan,
Have a closer look at the control stick drawing on page 14-3 of the plans:

www.quickheads.com/Q1-Plans-Chapter-14-Page-14-3.html

Although it doesn't have the exact dimensions of the control stick itself, it has the WL and STA numbers. Well those dimensions are in inches, which of course should help a clever person figure out the rest. :blush:

The online plans linked to above I don't think will print to scale. But I added this drawing to the fourth sheet of templates for the Q1 and scaled it so that it would print to the correct size. Hope this makes sense, please let me know.

I'm also starting the process of documenting the metal parts in my Q-200.

www.quickheads.com/Metal-Parts.html

When that little project is complete, I'll start working on better drawings for the Q1 metal parts. As usual, so many projects. . . so little time! LOL!

I'm really trying hard to complete one project before I start another though. It seems slower, but at least things get posted here on the site, rather than languishing in a pile on my desk!

Thanks again,
Dan Yager

www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by admin.

More
15 years 2 months ago #662 by dlafon
Replied by dlafon on topic Re:Metal Parts
I could get the control stick dimensions close enough with a few measurements and calculations. That is not as much a concern as the design of the aileron control rod attachment to the control stick rod behind the seat. I was also wondering if there is a reflexor for the Q1 like people are using in the Q2. I assume that would would be located behind the seat also.

I am not in a big rush for these but it is nice to know that the knowledge is out there somewhere. I am probably going to be picking up a partially completed fuselage and wings for a Q1. I know I will have a lot of work to do in order to make it flyable but most of the information is available to make it possible. I really appreciate the effort that you have put into this site and once I have actually acquired the Q1 project I will purchase a set of plans. I definitely understand the desire to complete one project at a time.

Thanks,
Dan LaFon

More
15 years 2 months ago #666 by admin
Hi Dan,
I'm pretty sure that some Q1 drivers are using a reflexor. I couldn't find a picture of one, so I will need to wait until someone more experienced chimes in here.

However, there was a Super Quickie on eBay not too long ago, and that had some pretty detailed pictures in the listing. Below is a shot of the control arm you're refering to behind the seat back:

Hope that helps a little. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Dan Yager

www.quickheads.com

Attachments:

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds