Login Form

Q1_Aircraft: New photos

• Ryan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 years 8 months ago #16 by Ryan
Q1_Aircraft: New photos was created by Ryan
I am now converting my Q1 to a Tri gear.
See photos.

Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #634 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Q1_Aircraft: New photos
These are the pictures that appeared in the Q1_Aircraft Yahoo! Group that the post refers to: (I think?) :unsure:

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by admin.

More
15 years 2 months ago #635 by mattxb
Replied by mattxb on topic Re:Q1_Aircraft: New photos
Speaking of Pictures, were able to bring over the photo albums from the group?

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #638 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re:Q1_Aircraft: New photos
Hey cut me some slack! LOL! :dry: It took me a week to move the 700 messages over.

I'll move the pictures and files over this weekend. Instead of being in a separate area of the forums the pictures will appear inline with the thread they are mentioned in. (Like the example above)

Hope that makes sense.

I have a few bugs to work out yet, but in a few more days, the move should be complete.

Thanks Matt,
Dan Yager

www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by admin.

More
13 years 11 months ago #902 by kuehjo
Replied by kuehjo on topic Re:Q1_Aircraft: New photos
Just wanted to give a little update - I bought this aircraft in flying, but "parts-only" condition about 3 years ago or so (I think the seller wanted to be careful about seller/builder liability - I respect that).

Life has been VERY busy the last couple of years, so I have had NO chance to do ANYTHING with it, but I am very much looking forward to getting this airplane back in the air this year.

Tricycle gear may seem like a odd choice for a Quickie - it does detract a bit from the "aesthetics" I guess - but I AM going to leave it that way for the moment at least, as that is the quickest route to getting it flying (that, and I don't have a taildragger endorsement yet). I would like to think that in the near future I might acquire a second Quickie (built or partially so) in the more traditional format, so that I can enjoy flying both, and decide which I would rather keep for the long run.

Since I bought the airplane with no tail number, I will take advantage of this opportunity to tear down and rebuild each system, and I'm thinking this might be a great opportunity to rebuild and replace the canard with an LS1 canard. Not that I want to lengthen the process of getting in the air any further, but it is a great chance to REALLY get to know this airplane - just shy of actually building it from scratch.

The airplane came with an 1835 VW, and for now, I am PLANNING on putting that back in place (though I also have a Hummel 1/2 VW that I am SORELY tempted to use instead. Ok - so i would have to redo center of gravity and maybe reposition gear - but I'm doing all of this anyways.....) I think it would be VERY interesting to see what the performance differences are - I'll have to go back and see if the previous owner had posted any numbers anywhere.

I will be building and flying out of Fox Field in Lancaster, so if any of you are local, give me a holler!! Probably won't get to start until late June or July, but i hope to keep you all posted.

:woohoo:

More
13 years 10 months ago #906 by mattxb
Replied by mattxb on topic Re:Q1_Aircraft: New photos
Excellent, looking forward to the updates.

I can understand your position of having no time, I've been unable to do anything with my Q1 project for over a year, due to being out of town for a year and a half.

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds