Login Form

Help with valuation of Q1 for a Non profit Org.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #1128 by WINGS OF HISTORY
Hello Quickie fans,

I am new to this forum and am trying to help a non profit Air museum here in Northern Ca raise some much urgently needed funds to build another hanger and they have decided to sell a QUICKIE 1 that is presntly hanging from the rafters.

The Q1 was built in 1982 and is complete and last flew in April of 1990, Total flight time of 413 hours.

It originally had a ONAN Engine and flew 75 Hours with this engine but that was replaced with a KONIG SD550 4 cyl two cycle engine..

Paint, interior, tires, prop, genareal are all in GOOD Condition according to valuation report done back in 1990.

Avionics are BECKER 3201 , davtron fuel meter, altimeter, nav lights, lighted compass and western Volt and amp meter.

We also have all documents, log books and keys.

It was last appraised a $10,750

If someone has any idea of what we could expect to raise please let me know as will be posting this for sale here to your members and would like to get as much as i can for the museum and not short sell it.

I appreciate any assistance and thank you in advance.

My email is tolly4444 at yahoo.com if you wish to contact me.

Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #1130 by admin
Hey Wings,
Thanks for posting in the forums.

I'm not sure what I can tell you about the value of the Q1 you have without looking at it first hand. I can say that most of the good condition Q1's that I've seen sell on eBay recently go for about $5-6000 with the original Onan engine.

I think your best bet would be to post it in the classified ads here on the QBA site for FREE, or post it on eBay with a reserve price to protect yourself. The economy is a little slow now though, so I'm not sure that you'll recieve a premium price ($10K) for an experimental that's been hanging in the rafters for over 20 years. I don't want to burst your bubble, but I want to try to give you a realistic expectation.

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Warm regards,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

More
12 years 10 months ago #1131 by admin
I queried the Q-list as well and they suggested putting the plane on Barnstormers as well. Most people who sell planes do very well there. Of course you should start high and work you way down! ;-)

Cheers,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds