Login Form

How do you check the incidence of each wing.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #1461 by eagleman328
The only people more amazed than me that this aircraft is ready to fly are my children, who have grown up and left home since I started this project. Before I organise a trailer to take it to the airfield I want to check the angle of each wing relative to each other. As the original reference blocks have been removed some twenty years ago, can anyone advise me how I should do this. I intend using an app on my phone, but am not sure what position I should be measuring from. Any ideas ?

Paul Buckley has kindly come to the rescue and has answered the question. It has however raised another. I have about half a degree of positive incidence compared to the main wing. Is this sufficient for happy flying?
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by eagleman328.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #1464 by admin
Jay Scheeval published the aerodynamic study of the Q2 variants here .

That should have enough info to keep you busy for a while.

Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

More
8 years 3 months ago #1492 by scheevel
You should be in good shape. The original Q-200 prototype with the LS-1 Canard actually had the canard with a positive 1 degree positive canard incidence relative to the wing (when compared to plans). Yours is within 1/2 degree of that. In my study, you will find Mike Dwyer's airplane is the closest that I have found in regards to matching the prototype, and his plane has been flying to his satisfaction for a few decades now.

Jay Scheevel

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds