Login Form

Finally, I bought a Quickie Q2...!!

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #1286 by flynfirefighter
Well, during my research on how to inspect a damage Quickie TriQ I met up with a registered Quickhead and he gave me oodles of good info.
And, in our conversation I found out he wasn't currently flying his Q2, nor had he been in a while, so I made him an offer, and I now own that sweet little Q2...!
It's going to be a while before I ever attempt to fly her, I want an experienced Quickie Pilot to test fly her once she has had her annual and given a clean bill of health.. Then once I have attained tail dragger time and some in a Pitts, then I will make my first Quickie flight, and no sooner..
So in the mean time, any hints of suggestions I will welcome with open arms..! I will also add more about my Quickie once I learn more about her..
Talk soon my Quickhead friends..!!

Well its been a few weeks and all I have done to C-GGFD is clean her up and look her over, figure out what I need to do, what I want to do..
First thing is.. the canopy opens to the right side... Not sure I like this... But I don't know what all my options are.. could anyone help me out here..?
I'd also like to add a second (back-up) fuel pump... Also I need a little more room to operate the rudder pedals.. that I believe is a simple fix..
BUT, like I sad , I am new to the Quickie scene.. and I plan on being her a long time... I learn quick as I have an automotive and industrial mechanic background ..
Thanks for taking the time to read my post...

If you can't see to laugh at yourself... then you have no right to laugh at others...
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by flynfirefighter. Reason: Updating info..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #1288 by Andominos
Congrats on your purchase!

More
6 years 2 months ago #1587 by flynfirefighter
Well here I am 5 years and six months after purchasing my Q2 (July 2012).
Not too long after my purchase ,my marriage had deteriorated to the point where we separated and eventually divorced. Luckily for me, I bought out the ex's share of my Q2 (which she really didn't have a cent invested) with half of a 10 G RRSP... Money well spent I figure...
BUT she raped me financially every where else, so My Quickie has spent several years disassembled in a sea container. Then just when I thought I was financially ready. I had two work related accidents about a year and a half apart which both required surgery, so my plans of being airborne in 2015 have been extended.
I did move her just before my injuries, to a hanger near my home and joined the local flying club. So as I type I'm moving equipment to the hanger to ready myself to reassemble her, go over the engine and aircraft completely, replace fuel hoses and back up systems, set up/ check alignment of mains, and I wanted to install a sparrow strainer if the installation will help in control input effort.
Also to visit the canopy movement and security.
Anyone with tips, hints or and helpful info please send along, preferably in an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , or here ....

Thanks and I hope to hear from some of you..!

Flynfirefighter in Cherry Valley,Ontario

If you can't see to laugh at yourself... then you have no right to laugh at others...

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.440 seconds