Login Form

Moving the landing gear inboard

More
12 years 7 months ago #1142 by Bob Wright
Thank you Richard. You are within driving range so that will make it easier when I am working on the project.
Do you have any plans or photos of the gear leg installation coming off the firewall? Any estimate on the cost of the kit?
Do you prefer the ground handling of the Tri Q over the tail dragger (with the inboard install)?
Do you know of anyone operating off a grass strip? I used to fly the Quicckie off a 60000 foot strip but it is 3/4 hour drive. The landing speed is pretty high but just wondering since I do have a 1800 foot strip at my farm.
Cheers Bob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #1146 by Bob Wright
Richard I sent a follow up response but it may have got lost.
My wife and I will be travelling through your area sometime between Aug 17-22. I wondered if it is possible to drop in and discuss the landing gear mounted on the firewall. Are there any Q2s currently flying using this landing gear?
Do you hav any photos or plans of the kit/installation?
Cheers Bob

More
12 years 7 months ago #1149 by mylittlemgb@yahoo.com
Hey Bob I did get your reply, I seem to be having computer issues not the computer just the guy using it. As for a 1800 ft strip that is going to be very tight. As a TriQ I have been in and out of a 2100 ft strip I wouldn't do it in the taildragger just because of my limmited view over the nose, lack of a center line and it was just out of my comfort level. As far as the ground handling the TriQ is a baby just like any other trike. Not to mention it dropped my insurance by 60+% that was the best part. I did lose about 5mph of cruise. If you send me an email address I will send you some dwgs of the inboard gear conversion. I am not ready to release it to everyone yet but I am looking for some people to fly it. You do have to flatten the canard This is an option on the TriQ mine still has the antihedral in the canard and has had no issues. Cost for the inboard gear will be about $1200 the TriQ kit runs about $1400. As for a visit come on by I'll pickup lunch. Not much to see at this moment but things seem to change everyday.

Richard
F.L.A.Ps

More
3 years 4 months ago #1694 by mike2
Hi Bob,
I'm coming way late to the game regarding this post..... but heres hoping.
I just recently bought an unfinished Q2 project and am wondering if you still have yours. It would be great to connect so that I could pick your brain.

Is there anyone else reading that I can connect with.
I am located in Parry Sound Ontario 2 hrs north of Toronto
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Cheers
Mike

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds