Login Form

O200 installation

More
12 years 6 months ago #1173 by SammyQ2
Replied by SammyQ2 on topic Re: O200 installation
Contact Jay Scheevel on the Q-list about the angle of attack. He has taken lots of detailed measurements of flying aircraft and can tell you if it is in the ballpark or not.

Sam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #1174 by wvshoem
Replied by wvshoem on topic Re: O200 installation
Will do.

I've scanned the website here - Where does one find the Q-list?

Thanks,
William

More
12 years 6 months ago #1175 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: O200 installation
Hey William,
The Q-list is a Yahoo! group that's been around since long before this website. It currently is the most active place to ask questions and get answers. You can join the Q-list by visiting here: groups.yahoo.com/group/Q-LIST/

The benefit of the forums here on the site is that you can post Pictures inline with your questions, but the Q-list is definitely more active. (I'm working on that.) ;)

Hope this helps, please let me know.

Warm regards,
Dan Yager
QBA Editor
www.quickheads.com

Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that?

— Captain Picard, from 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' episode 'Booby Trap.'

More
12 years 6 months ago #1177 by wvshoem
Replied by wvshoem on topic Re: O200 installation
Attached is a close-up of the canard area that has been removed. The canard is indeed an LS1 as it has the round carbon fiber spar. The flat area you're seeing in the back of the void is part of the additional structure that was added and appears to be about three inches ahead of the spare. The two donuts above the void are the lower mounts for the RW100 Rotorway motor the original builder planned to install.

I'm going to have a materials engineer and an aeronautical engineer look at it next week so hopefully will have real data to work with.

William
Attachments:

Moderators: JonMatcho
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds